Sunday, August 12, 2007

Candlelight quiet time

roller coaster flickering flame
rides the wind
in a multicoloured dance
does it have a chance?

the drafts get colder
(as I get older)
black sputtering stub
spits out smoke signals
of a torpedoed quiet time

I send out grand intentions that
puddle round my feet
melted into waxy nothings
just another rut

I want so much more ...

Matthew 12:18
18 "Here is my servant whom I have chosen, the one I love, in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will proclaim justice to the nations. 19 He will not quarrel or cry out; no one will hear his voice in the streets. 20 A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory. 21 In his name the nations will put their hope."

No comments: